Effective as of 5 May 2022
Fitkit may adopt and provide additional privacy and data security policies that will apply to specific products or services at the time we collect personal data to provide such services.
- Data Controller
Fitkit International D.O.O. Skopje (“Fitkit”), with registered seat at: ul. Vangel Todorovski no. 5/1-30, Skopje – Airport, Republic of North Macedonia, as data controller will collect, process, and store Your personal data.
- Personal Data Collection
- Data Sources
Fitkit collects the personal data that You provide by establishing direct contact with us and/or registering to receive promotional material from us, as well as by using our website, our application, and the services and products that we offer. We use the personal data we collect upon opening Your profile on our Fitkit.app application to maintain Your profile, provide our products and services to You, as well as to realize and improve Your user experience on our platforms and services.
Personal data for the Fitkit application and Fitkit services users may also be collected from third (legal) parties when cooperation is achieved for using the Fitkit application and Fitkit services on behalf of the employees and/or customers of the legal entities.
Additionally, we may collect and process personal data from services and goods providers with whom we collaborate to realize and improve the products and services we offer to our users, and to enable a comprehensive program that will, in various aspects, contribute to our users’ fitness state improvement.
- Types of Data Collected
While using our platforms, products, and services, we may ask You to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as (but not limited to) information regarding Your:
- Data for users of our services: first and last name, address, gender, date of birth, contact data (email), financial data and credit card data, personal photo, Citizen Personal Identification Number (only for voucher users, subscribed to the Fitkit app for a period of at least 12 months), a social media profile (only for users who log into Fitkit using Facebook).
- Data about Your use of our platforms, application, and services (user data, i.e. data on user activities and profile)
- Data for authorized persons and employees of suppliers, service providers who are legal entities: name and surname, address, contact data (email, telephone number), job position, legal entity, type of contract and service, data for providing the service
- Data for natural persons providing services, such as hired trainers: name and surname, address, Citizen Personal Identification Number, payment data, type of contract and service, service provision data, financial and tax data, photos, and videos for training programs, and social media profile.
- User data (user activity and profile data)
Profile user data and Your (online) user activities are collected automatically when You use our platforms, products, and services.
User data may include information about the IP address of Your device from which You log in to our platforms, the type and version of the browser You use to access our platforms and services, the pages You use from our platforms, the date and time You log into our platforms, as well as the duration of Your visit to our platforms, unique identifiers of Your device from which You log in, and other diagnostic data about Your online activity on our platforms and access to our services.
We may collect certain data automatically when You access our Platforms and Services via a mobile device, such as the type of mobile device You are using, the unique ID (identification number) of the mobile device, the operating system of the mobile device, the type of mobile internet and browser software You use, and other identifiers and diagnostic data about Your mobile device.
Further, we may collect data sent by Your browser whenever You access and use our platforms and services.
- Data we collect from third parties – social media
We may collect and use personal data that You have shared by creating a profile and/or otherwise acting in the public domain with third parties – social networks. We may also communicate with You through Your profiles on third parties – social networks for initial communication and potential collaboration with You.
You may also create an account and log in (access) to use our platforms and services through Your social media profile or when You share them with us Yourself as part of testimonials regarding Your positive user experience with our programs and services.
- Data we collect while You use the Fitkit app
When You use our application Fitkit. The app, we may, with Your prior permission/consent, collect information about Your (geographical) location to enable You to use all the features in our application as best and as easily as possible, while also improving and adjusting the application and the products it offers, as well as the other services we offer You. You can allow or disable access to such data at any time by adjusting the settings on Your mobile device.
- Tracking technologies and cookies
When You visit our platforms, use the Fitkit app, register for and use Your user profile, or request further information regarding the Fitkit platforms and services, we automatically collect data using cookies and tracking pixels. We and our partners use the data collected in this manner to analyze the movement of our platforms and trends in the use of our products and services, and to manage our online platforms (websites, applications, social network profiles) – either independently or with the assistance of hosting service providers, as well as to collect data about users of our services and platforms.
- Purposes of using Your personal data
We may use Your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our platforms and services, including tracking the use of our products and services.
- To maintain Your profile in our application: to complete Your registration and manage Your profile as a user of our platforms and services. The personal data You provide to us while creating the Fitkit account grants You access to various functionalities, products, and services of the Fitkit application.
- To conclude and fulfill a contract (exercise contractual rights and obligations): to conclude and act on a service contract, temporary employment contract, and other contracts that we enter into with collaborators to provide the products and services we offer You, as well as other contracts that we enter into to maintain our platforms and provide our services and products. To access, and use, certain products on the Fitkit App, we may ask You to provide us with additional personal data (for example, we collect Citizen Personal Identification Number for voucher users, based on a Fitkit subscription of at least 12 months).
- To communicate with You: To contact You via email, phone, SMS, or otherwise through an equivalent model of electronic communication (for example, through notifications through the Fitkit application) to inform You regarding updates to our services that You use, or other types of information communication regarding the functionality of our products and services that You use through our platforms (including information about updating security systems).
- Managing and responding to Your requests: Receiving, reviewing, processing, and responding to Your requests.
- To promote our services and activities by sharing Your experience of using the services through our website or social media
- To provide You with targeted marketing offers: We may use Your personal data to develop and post promotional material (information, special offers, news) for other products, services, and events that correspond to Your interests and preferences, and/or location, but only if You previously voluntarily agreed to such processing during Your registration as a new user or when using Your online profile. If You wish not to be subject to targeted marketing, You can withdraw Your consent at any time through a special link in the marketing message itself or send us a request through the following online form or to the following email: email@example.com.
- Other purposes: We may use Your personal data for data analysis, identifying trends in the use of platforms and products, measuring and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and other activities aimed at evaluating and improving our services, products, marketing, and Your experience using our platforms, products, and services.
- Legal grounds for the processing of Your personal data
We may process personal data in the following cases, i.e. based on:
- Consent: You have given us consent to process Your personal data for one or more specific purposes, such as for direct marketing of services and products, sharing Your experience as a user
- Contract fulfillment: The processing of personal data is necessary for fulfilling a contract that we have concluded with You, including all pre-contractual rights and duties that precede the conclusion of such a contract.
- Legal responsibilities: The processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill the company’s legal responsibilities, such as tax obligations or requests from state authorities as per the legislation.
- Legitimate interests: Personal data processing is necessary for the realization of the company’s legitimate interests, such as the protection of business operations and the website (problem detection, data analysis, testing, security and support of systems and applications, data hosting and reporting), management and cooperation with service providers, conducting legal proceedings for collection, and improving our services and products.
- Third-party disclosure and transfer of Your personal data
- With service providers: We may share Your personal data with service providers with whom we collaborate, including to maintain our platforms and services, process payments for the use of our services and products, production companies, or telecommunications operators for recording and displaying video materials
- To create promotional content: We may share Your personal data with marketing agencies and other service providers with whom we collaborate to create and send promotional content to You personally via email and/or create promotional material and marketing offers that would have appeared when You use third-party platforms.
- With business partners: We may share Your personal data with business partners to provide and offer our products, services, and promotions to You as well as with fitness consultants and trainers whose services and advice we use to realize and improve fitness products and wellness offers which we offer to our customers, legal entities whose premises, products and services we use as services and products that follow the use of the Fitkit application and/or Fitkit packages and vouchers.
- With other users: We may share Your personal data that we have obtained through Your actions in the public domain with other users and third parties – social networks. This is limited to the personal data that is publicly open on Your profiles on social networks (name, photo, description of Your activities on the platform), and to realize and/or improve communication and cooperation with You, sharing user experience.
- In accordance with the legislation and other legally binding requirements: In some circumstances, we may be required to share Your personal data upon request by law and/or public authorities (courts, government agencies, bailiff). We may share Your personal data when it is necessary to fulfill and comply with our legal obligations, protect and defend our rights and property, and prevent and/or investigate (possible and/or potential) abuse concerning our platforms, products, and services, protecting the personal safety of our users/clients and/or public safety, acting in accordance with our legal duty and responsibility.
Our relationship with third parties is governed by an Agreement, which regulates the rights and obligations regarding personal data protection, as well as technical and organizational measures for personal data security.
- Transfer of Your personal data to third countries
Personal data may be transferred to third countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. This may be in the context, for example, of our use of third-party services and platforms that are located in the United States. In such cases, we aim to ensure that the third-country service providers respect the legal and contractual standards for personal data processing and take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the security of personal data during processing.
We enter into personal data processing agreements with third-country service providers for the aforementioned purposes, which agreements regulate the transfer of personal data to third countries and may include standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission for data transfer to third countries, and/or reciprocal standard clauses issued by the Personal Data Protection Agency.
- Storage and security of Your personal data
- Data storage and security
We utilize a variety of technologies and procedures, as well as a variety of security measures to protect Your personal data from unauthorized access and unlawful use and/or sharing.
- Deadlines for storing and deleting Your personal data
We shall delete Your personal data in a timely and secure manner as soon as it is no longer necessary to fulfill the objectives for which it was originally obtained and processed.
We may keep Your personal data longer than the established term for their storage if this is necessary for the exercise of Your and our legal and contractual rights and obligations, as well as to resolve disputes and exercise the rights and obligations we have towards third parties, to realize our legitimate interests (for example, for the realization of business goals, perfecting our products, maintaining competitiveness in the market, conducting legal proceedings, etc.), as well as to harmonize our security measures and standards concerning security, the integrity, and operability of the Fitkit App and our other platforms, services, and products.
- Your rights regarding the use and processing of Your personal data
- Automated decision making
Your data may be subject to automated decision-making based on information about Your preferences, previous interactions with us, and Service usage or demographic data to deliver marketing offers that best suit Your interests, but only with Your prior consent.
8.2 Individuals’ rights to protection of personal data
Your rights regarding the use and processing of Your personal data during and in the context of the employment process include:
- The right to information about how Your personal data is processed;
- The right to access Your personal data, and also the right to receive a copy of the data about You that we keep and use; as well as the right to obtain a copy of Your data held and used by us;
- The right to rectification, Your right to correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data;
- The right to have Your personal information erased if it is being processed unlawfully or if the intended purpose of use for which the data is processed has been fulfilled;
- The right to restriction of processing of Your personal data if You dispute their accuracy, the legal basis, and/or the purpose of their processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Your personal data when it is processed for legitimate interest, and/or for direct marketing purposes;
- The right to data portability to third parties and/or to You personally, and receive the data in a structured and machine-readable format;
- Exercising Your rights regarding the protection of personal data.
If You have a question, request, or complaint regarding the processing of Your personal data in Fitkit regarding Your rights related to the processing, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer by filling out the following form or send us an electronic message at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +389 75 420 308.
Such requests are free of charge, and their processing shall be subject to additional fees only in exceptional circumstances.
You have the right to submit an objection to the Personal Data Protection Agency (AZLP) against the processing of Your personal data, by submitting a request to email@example.com or by visiting their website: https://dzlp.mk/ prizlnlp.
The policy was adopted and last updated on 5 May 2022.